This year we will be launching a campaign to encourage all of us to take better care of ourselves. Every month we will be posting a new challenge for different areas in our life we can focus on to improve and concentrate on our well-being. Self-care is so important for a lot of different reasons and we want to share 17 of them to encourage you to join us on our journey through self-care in 2017.
In no particular order:
- You will be a better mom. Taking time for yourself helps you to recharge and refocus so that you can give your very best to your family.
- You will be a positive role model for your own children. As a mom, I am sure you will want your own kids to grow up taking care of themselves, but they need to see you model that first.
- You will be less stressed. Exercising, eating right, learning new things, all of those activities will trigger positive responses in your brain and stimulate hormones that will make you less stressed.
- You will be healthier. Stress can cause unhealthy habits and bring on lots of different health issues. If you reduce your stress, you will promote positive habits and improve your overall health.
- It can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. Focusing on fitness, creating good eating habits and reducing stress will help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- You will be more self-confident. As a mom it can be so easy to lose your former identity. Taking time to focus on yourself will help you to remember all of the positive qualities that you have.
- You will be more productive. Research has shown that people who take small breaks throughout the workday are actually more productive than employees that don’t stop working. This same theory applies at home.
- You will be able to help others. You can’t give to others, if you haven’t first given to yourself.
- You will be smarter. You may learn something new or discover a passion on this journey of self-care.
- You will be more peaceful. Stress causes your body to constantly be in fight or flight mode. If you reduce your stress levels, your body will be able to focus on existing in a more peaceful state.
- You will have more energy. Stress drains your body of its energy, but even just walking outside for five minutes can boost your energy levels.
- You can reduce feelings of anxiety and depression. Part of any treatment plan for these conditions is always self-care. These are very serious diseases, but self-care can play a part on your path to healing.
- You will be happier. Taking the time for yourself this year will help you to refocus on the things that truly bring you joy.
- Your family will be happier. Moms really do set the tone for their entire home. If mom is happy, it will trickle down to the rest of the family.
- You will sleep better. When you are feeling happier and less stressed, your body can relax and you will get better sleep. Plus you might even go to bed earlier!
- You will live longer. Living a healthy life reduces stress and positive habits will extend your life expectancy.
- You deserve it. This one goes without saying really. You are doing one of the toughest jobs there is and you deserve to take some time for YOU!
Please join us in our mission for self-care in 2017. On all our adventures, we will be using #SDMBselfcare2017. We want to see all the ways you are taking time our for YOU!
And here’s a freebie printable that you can use to light a fire under your butt to get you started NOW!