Let’s Get Happy!
Do you find yourself more depressed than usual during the holiday season? The holidays can be a reminder of past memories and people we miss. In fact, the holidays can also bring about weather that keeps us indoors and away from sunlight. If we aren’t careful, we may find ourself slipping into a bit of depression. But fear not! There are some fun and creative things we can do to get ourselves happy now!
25 ways we can become happy immediately!
- Tour a real Christmas Tree Farm.
- Take a Christmas picture with Santa. Yes, YOU too Mom!
- Grab your hairbrush microphone and videotape yourself singing along to some holiday songs. HELLO Mariah Carrie Christmas!
- Pick up the book or magazine you are saving for when you have time. Give yourself an hour of alone time to read. Hint: Now is the time!
- Volunteer at your local homeless shelter. Giving is linked to lifting moods!
- Attend a tree lighting with your family.
- Head to Julian or Mount. Laguna to build a snowman.
- As soon as you hear rumors of snow: Go Sledding! Mom too!
- Take the crew ice skating. The Hotel Del Coronado is a festive way to skate.
- While you are already there, be sure to visit the Hotel Del’s Christmas tree and tour the site to see all of their holiday decorations.
- Color! Have you seen the fun adult coloring books you can get from Michaels or order online?
- Call Santa!
- Gather your girlfriends and head out for a festive wine and paint night.
- Bake cookies or bread for your nearest neighbors. Not only is it fun to give, but your house will smell good! Hint: Dollar Tree has amazing holiday tins for storing treats.
- Put some cider in your crockpot. Add cinnamon sticks, an orange slice, and a few cloves. Your entire family will love the aroma and enjoy sipping their holiday cider.
- Make snowman soup for you and the kids.
- Have a game night. Besides, you’re never too old for Candyland.
- Cook the popcorn, pour the wine, and pop in our favorite holiday movie: ELF!
- Elf yourself. Who doesn’t love seeing themselves as an elf?
- Write a letter of gratitude to someone who makes a difference in your life.
- Tour some neighborhood Christmas lights with the kids or your favorite gal pals.
- Exercise! Have you checked out your local aerobics facility or bar class?
- Hit up one of our few remaining roller rinks and get skating! Perfect for rainy days.
- Do something spontaneous! Check out Groupon for local ideas and deals.
- Meet some new friends and learn about their holiday tradition! Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa: Life is more enjoyable when we celebrate each other!