Sure, catching butterflies and going to the park every day is great when you have kids under 5 living with you, but what about a bucket list just for moms? Everyone harps on having “me time,” so here’s a list for just that; all the things you want to do when you actually have some of that coveted free time.
Here are some things I’d love to do for myself this summer. And gosh darn it, I’m going to make them happen!
- Sleep in one day past 7 am. (Truly, one morning is all I ask for)
- Read three books (I’d love to read more, but let’s not push it)
- Drink a (hot) cup of coffee
- Enjoy the Bloody Mary Bar at Davanti Enoteca for brunch (win/win since the family can come along, too)
- Go to the bathroom A L O N E
- Indulge with Donuts and Beer for a date night at the Donut Bar and not have to share a single bite (unless I want to)
- Get a pedicure…not from my 4 year old
- Take pictures of my kids with me in them, too
- Treat myself to a haircut
- Get a massage
- Soak in a bubble bath with zero toys around
- Take my family to the zoo (I love it there, but I love it even more with my littles)
- Have a mom’s night out with fellow mom friends
- Go to an oyster happy hour with other oyster enthusiasts.
- Make it out to a San Diego Coffee Moms coffee meetup
- See a movie in a theater that doesn’t involve cartoons (solo or on a date with my husband)
- Practice yoga in peace
- Date my husband once a month
- Go to a painting class (extra points if there’s wine or beer involved)
- Sign up for a fun run or a 5k
- Wear a swimsuit at the beach, put the phone away, and play with my kids
- Walk to dinner with the family
What’s on YOUR summer bucket list?