We are expanding our team of regular writers! SDMB is looking for local (San Diego county, even into Temecula) moms who are passionate about our community and love to share stories and wisdom with others. This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile. ***Note: you do NOT have to be a blogger to apply!
Here’s the “job description”:
What You GIVE::
- One original post/month on topics of your choice (within the brand and mission of SDMB)
- Six month commitment, beginning in August or September 2016
- Available for in-person, regularly scheduled contributor meetings (approx every 6 weeks)
- Available to help with Mom’s Night Out events
- A passion for moms, kids, and the San Diego county area (where you also live, of course)
- Reliable, team-oriented, flexible & fun attitude
What You GET::
- Your photo and bio on the San Diego Moms Blog’s contributing writers page (with links to your personal blog and/or facebook page if you choose to share them)
- Access to the private SDMB contributors group on FB
- Opportunity to test products and/or visit local businesses for review purposes (translation: free stuff)
- Continuing education and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media and event management
- Access to pre-sale tickets or free entry to San Diego Moms Blog events (which often sell out quickly)
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, new friends, and play dates
What To DO::
- FIll out this application
- Make it happen by August 5th, 2016– and no later!
About Our Decision….
- Many factors influence our final decision on who is the best fit for our team. Often we are looking to fill a particular topic/niche area or style of writing. If it isn’t you this time (or if it wasn’t you last time), please know it may have nothing to do with how much we like your writing, or you as a person/mom/friend/neighbor.
- The Contributor role is more of a commitment (with more perks) than some moms are ready for due to pregnancy, new babies, or just this busy time of life we’re in. If you would like to write for San Diego Moms Blog in a Guest Blogger capacity (occasional guest posts with no other commitments and no freebie perks), just fill out our guest post submission form.
- Our decision process will take approximately 1-2 weeks. New Contributors will be notified by the end of August, if not sooner. August will be an orientation/on-boarding period with at least one mandatory in-person meeting or one-on-one phone call, and new writers can begin submitting their first post by the end of the month.