Yes- we realize that there’s many San Diego bucket lists out there- but this bucket list is comprised of “must-do San Diego” activities and more from our team of writers! It may not be likely that you check off every single one of these items in our bucket list this Summer, but if you do- let us know! Also, we know there’s so much more to do in San Diego then what’s on our list, so let us know what you like to do for the summertime!
1. Overnight camping at Dos Picos park in Ramona.
2. Camping at San Elijo State Beach (or any beach camping!)
3. Or check out sdparks.org to find the closest camping spot to you!
4. Check out any museums at Balboa Park, there’s always summer events happening and park after dark!
5. While you are near Balboa Park, hop on over to the San Diego Zoo or Safari Park.
6. Also near the area, Spreckles Organ Pavilion has a summer concert series.
7. Or find your local free summer concert that is going on in your area.
9. While we are on the beach topic- there’s PLENTY of San Diego beaches to visit.
10. Find a local beach for a bonfire to roast some marshmallows.
11. Take your dog to dog beach in del mar and play a little beach volleyball.
12. Enter or watch the US Open Sand Castle Competition.
13. Take your littles to the La Jolla Children’s pool to spot some seals.
14. Grab a beer and do some people watching at the OTL (over the line) tournament at the beach.
15. Check out the Mission Bay Aquatic Center for some wakeboarding!
16. While you are there get a surfing lesson.
17. Speaking of surfing, head to oceanside to check out the Surf Museum.
18. Bet on a race or see a concert at The Del Mar Race Track. (July 19-Sept 4th)
19. Check out where the West was fun at the San Diego County Fair 2017. (June 2nd- July 4th)
20. Watch the sunset from Mt. Soledad.
21. Go on a whale watching tour.
23. Grab some fresh tortillas from Old Town.
24. While you’re at it- head up to Presidio Park.
25. Go golfing at one of the many beautiful golf courses in San Diego.
26. Two words: Pizza Port
27. Visit Hillcrest and stay for the Pride Parade. (July 14-16)
28. Luche Libre! Grab some delicious carne asada nachos at either location. It’s a San Diego staple.
30. Mt. Woodson hike– potato chip rock.
31. Take some family photos at the Spruce Street Suspension Bridge.
32. Robb field Skate Park for the kids.
33. Take a yoga class on a paddle board.
34. Go see a Padres Baseball game.
35. The outdoor moviesinthepark.com
36. Check out our Splash Pad Guide
39. Take a 2 day trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Anaheim.
40. See Coronado on the Coronado Ferry.
41. Watch a polo match. There is usually a good price for grass seating by the carload. Bring your blanket and snacks!