Look no further, all you need to pack for your next trip is here!
Last month my husband and I celebrated our birthdays by taking a much-needed and well-deserved trip to Laughlin and Las Vegas for four glorious days without the kids. While we had an absolute blast, the cold, dry air worked wonders for my hair but my slightly chapped skin was not happy with me when we returned home.
Traveling, especially from one climate to another, can wreak havoc on our skin and bodies, causing many people to look great when they leave but return looking exhausted and dehydrated. Which defeats the whole purpose of taking a trip!
To help you prepare for your next trip, whether it be for work or play, I’ve compiled my list of travel beauty must-haves which are also cult favorites among many users. They will keep you looking and feeling amazing when traveling with or without kids.
- No 7 Cleansing Oil – Many people think cleansing oils are greasy and ideal for only drier skin types, but on the contrary, cleansing oils can be used to gently cleanse dry, normal, combo and sensitive skin. And this one, in particular, is excellent at removing makeup and hydrating the skin and leaving it looking and feeling plump, supple and dewy.
- Cleansing Wipes – An absolute must-have when traveling and for the moments when your skin needs a quick cleanse and a refreshing pick-me-up. A few of my personal faves are Olay Gentle Clean and Neutrogena Deep Clean. Just choose the one that’s right for you based on your skin’s needs.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and Murad’s Sheer Lustre Day Moisturizer – One critical step to healthy skin is moisturizing. Clinique’s moisturizing lotion is lightweight, non-greasy and ideal for warmer months and climates, while Murad is a bit thicker, hydrates deeper and works wonders on dull skin giving a supple, luminous glow.
- Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer and Benefit’s Porefessional – Two cult faves that minimize pores, control oil and shine and can be worn with or without makeup. They also come in pocket-friendly travel sizes.
- Clinique Chubby Stick – This item pulls double duty by being both a lip color and a check color and comes in many shades. What gets better than this?
- Ulta Juice Infused Lip Oil – Another cult fave among users and my new beauty bff is this luxurious lip oil which contains vitamin E and a soothing conditioning agent. Apply as needed for silky, kissable lips; It’s also paraben and gluten-free.
- Miss Spa Revitalizing Eye Mask – This glittery mask is great for traveling because it can be used warm, cold, or even while sleeping and it’s great for refreshing tired or puffy eyes.
- Elf Sculpting Silk Eyeshadow Palette – These palettes are so tiny you can stick them in your pocket, let alone your purse or travel bag. The compact features a mirror inside, gives subtle color and they come with 3 beautiful shades.
- Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play – This hairspray is awesome! It’s non-sticky, adds serious volume and holds styles in place no matter which climate you’re in.
- Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment – Let me just say, this mask is incredible! This mask zaps and dries up blemishes within minutes while also supporting skin’s natural oil balance. Can be used as a spot treatment or an allover face mask and is available in a mini size.
So, there you have my top travel-friendly beauty picks. Of course, every skin type also needs a little added protection so be sure to also use a sunscreen as part of your daily skincare routine, and especially when traveling to hot and sunny destinations.
Happy travels, and stay beautiful!