APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Welcome to January! SDMB’s busiest month of the year!
To welcome 2018, we are doing some pretty huge things- we are EXPANDING!
We are not only looking for new writers and events team members, but Beer Mom and Coffee Mom ambassadors. We also need a new small events coordinator to join our executive team! Please see each description listed below and fill out the application that applies.
AND come meet us in person at Lightbulb Coffee in La Mesa on January 15th starting at 8AM- so we can get to meet you face to face! They will be offering our San Diego Moms Blog followers 15% off coffee and they will also be offering some yummy samples of sweet treats. See you there!
SDMB is looking for local (San Diego county) moms who are passionate about our community and love to share stories and wisdom with others. This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile. ***Note: you do NOT have to be a blogger to apply!
Here’s the “job description”:
What You GIVE::
- One original post/month on topics of your choice (within the brand and mission of SDMB)
- Six month commitment, beginning in February
- Available for in-person, regularly scheduled contributor meetings (approx every 8 weeks)
- Interaction in our private FB group and regular interaction on SDMB social media platforms
- A passion for moms, kids, and the San Diego county area (where you also live, of course)
- Reliable, team-oriented, flexible & fun attitude
What You GET::
- Your photo and bio on the San Diego Moms Blog’s contributing writers page (with links to your personal blog and/or facebook page if you choose to share them)
- Access to the private SDMB contributors group on FB
- Opportunity to test products and/or visit local businesses for review purposes (translation: free stuff)
- Continuing education and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media and more
- Access to pre-sale tickets or free entry to San Diego Moms Blog events (which often sell out quickly)
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, new friends, and play dates
What To DO::
- Fill out the application below
- Make it happen by January 15th and no later!
About Our Decision….
- Many factors influence our final decision on who is the best fit for our team. Often we are looking to fill a particular topic/niche area or style of writing. For example- we need moms who live in different locations all over San Diego! We are looking for moms in all of these categories: Single moms, moms with different cultural backgrounds, full-time working moms, LGBTQ moms, foster moms, adoptive moms, military moms, etc. If you have a specific niche- then you might be a great fit for our team! We strive to reflect the culture of San Diego so we want to be as diverse as possible. If it isn’t you this time (or if it wasn’t you last time), please know it may have nothing to do with how much we like your writing, or you as a person/mom/friend/neighbor.
- The Contributor role is more of a commitment (with more perks) than some moms are ready for due to pregnancy, new babies, or just this busy time of life we’re in. If you would like to write for San Diego Moms Blog in a Guest Blogger capacity (occasional guest posts with no other commitments and no freebie perks), just fill out our guest post submission form.
- Our decision process will take approximately 1-2 weeks. New Contributors will be notified by the beginning of February, if not sooner. February will be an orientation/on-boarding period with at least one mandatory in-person meeting or one-on-one phone call, and new writers can begin submitting their first post by the end of the month.
Events Team Member All Call
We are thrilled that you are interested in being a part of our events team! Do you love attending SDMB events? Do you enjoy a fast paced environment and working behind the scenes to make an event happen? If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be a great fit for this team! Fill out the form at the bottom of this post.
Commitment: We ask that all Event Team Members be available to serve at a minimum of 2 events/projects every 6 months. The Events Team Member role is a 6 month commitment.
Summary of Role:
- This is a volunteer position with some fun perks (listed below)!
- Be available to help with at least 2 events/projects every 6 months.
- Be willing to consistently interact in the private Events Team Facebook Group, where we share about upcoming events, brainstorm event logistics, etc.
- Be a huge support for our community and actively share our events with your friends via social media!
- Be available the day of the event you have committed to to help coordinate and facilitate the event.
- Represent San Diego Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Being a part of the SDMB events team with access to the private SDMB events team Facebook group.
- Professional headshot to be utilized for event team purposes and your own personal use (we do them once a year).
- Free tickets for you and your family (when applicable) to any events that you are serving at. We will ask you to serve for part of the event and then you are free to attend the other part! Tickets include all attendee perks like food, drink, swag, etc.
- 1/2 price tickets to all other SDMB events that you are not serving at (when available).
Please take a moment to fill out the form below no later than January 15th, 2018. We will notify all applicants of our decisions no later than February 15th, 2018.
Our groups meetup monthly, and because of the popularity of these groups- we need some help!
If you like going to these monthly meetups, have ideas for meetups and are available to effectively admin the beer or coffee mom group on Facebook, then we need you!
We need some cheerleaders to help keep our groups growing and spreading the word all over San Diego!
Please fill out this form no later than January 15th and be sure to let us know if you are interested in being part of the Beer Moms or Coffee Moms group!
We are looking for a small events coordinator!
• Impeccable attention to detail
• High Design Aesthetic
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
• At least 1 year (or 4 events) event planning experience.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Social Media Skills
• Tech Savvy
• Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
• Social Media Savvy
• Ability to delegate
• Up to 15 hours of availability (for week leading up to event).
• 3-5 hours, the initial build- up of an event and the weeks leading up to an event may require an increase in availability.
• Monthly virtual meetings, phone check-ins.
• Quarterly Business Meetings with Executive Team
• Annual Weekend Executive Team Retreat (Expenses covered by SDMB)
• 25% of all event profit (after expenses)