We are so excited to be partnering up with the Padres Pedal the Cause event set for Saturday, November 17th. This is a family-friendly event you can participate in with games and entertainment on the field. Or, if you want to create or join/create a team and get in on the action, see the options below.
- For more seasoned cyclists there are 25, 55, 88 or 100 mile course options to choose from
- Padres Pedal 5K (walk/run)
- Spin – A 50-minute stationary cycling class on the field
- Virtual Rider – If you are unable to ride or walk on event weekend, join the fight against cancer as a Virtual Rider
- Kids Challenge presented by Sempra Energy – Calling all superheroes: kids joining forces to end cancer! The Padres Pedal Kids Challenge takes place on a safely enclosed youth track at Petco Park for children ages 3–12. Finish on the field with Batman, Superman, and the Padres Pedal cancer crusaders. Scooters, training wheels, bikes, and capes are welcome.
For more info on creating a team, you can visit their ‘How to Participate‘ section on their site.
Padres Pedal for the Cause provides funding and support for cancer research teams at various facilities throughout San Diego like Moores Cancer Center at UCSD Health and Rady Children’s Hospital. In past years, Padres Pedal for the Cause has donated more than $7.1 million to fund over 40 local cancer research projects. Padres Pedal for the Cause donates 100% of every rider-raised dollar to support the collaborative research efforts.
Founded by two-time lymphoma survivor Bill Koman, Pedal for the Cause is a multi-city cycling challenge that began in St. Louis in 2009 and opened in San Diego in 2013. In 2016, the San Diego organization partnered with the San Diego Padres and moved the event downtown to its current home at Petco Park and have raised over $20 million for cancer research collectively. Every dollar funds lifesaving cancer research in San Diego.