Who doesn’t like FREE stuff in San Diego??
Below is a list of attractions in San Diego that are FREE for the month of October. Any exclusions or asterisks are included here:
• Each attraction can have it’s own restrictions, age limits or exclusions, so check each attraction’s website in advance.
• Heads up that the weekends will be crowded. Choose a weekday if you can. Bonus if you get there right when the attraction opens!
• You’ll need a free printable coupon to get in at the 41 museums and attractions on the San Diego Museum Council website, including the USS Midway and Air & Space Museum. The coupon is good for to up to two kids 12 and under per paid adult.
• Local hotels and restaurants are offering “kids eat free” deals just for the month of October:
*Call ahead to check the details of each.
Children 12 and under get in free with paid admission of one adult with coupon you can download here
Two children free per paid adult on all 1 and 2 hour San Diego Harbor Tours. Valid for children 12 and under.
Kids 12 and under cruise free on one- or two-hour harbor tours with Hornblower Cruises.
One child 12 or under rides free with paid adult at the hop-on, hop-off Old Town Trolley Tours of America.
Maximum 10 children free per each supervising (paid) adult at the Zoo in Balboa and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park in Escondido.
Buy an adult ticket online and get a free kids ticket for ages 3-9.
Buy an adult ticket and kids get in free.
Up to four kids ride free aboard a Gondola Cruise through San Diego Bay with full paid adult couple.
With the purchase of an adult class or ticket, children can swing away that energy on the golf course at Maderas Golf Club and San Vicente Resort or test out the waters on a kayak ride through La Jolla Kayak. If you’ve got a bunch of daredevils on your hands, the kids will love taking free surf lessons as Surf Diva Surf School.
These museums are offering free entry to kids age 12 and under, with a paid adult and coupon available at the San Diego Museum Council’s website
• Barona Cultural Center and Museum
• Birch Aquarium at Scripps
• Cabrillo National Monument
• California Center for the Arts Museum
• California Surf Museum
• Coronado Museum of History & Art
• Fleet Science Center (Galleries only)
• Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
• Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
• Heritage of the Americas Museum
• Japanese Friendship Garden
• La Jolla Historical Society
• Living Coast Discovery Center
• Lux Art Institute
• Maritime Museum of San Diego
• Marston House Museum & Gardens
• Mingei International Museum
• Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
• Museum of Making Music
• Museum of Photographic Arts
• New American Museum
• Oceanside Museum of Art
• San Diego Air & Space Museum
• San Diego Archaeological Center
• San Diego Art Institute
• San Diego Automotive Museum
• San Diego Botanic Garden
• San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
• San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
• San Diego History Center
• San Diego Model Railroad Museum
• San Diego Natural History Museum (Nat)
• Serra Museum
• The New Children’s Museum
• The San Diego Museum of Art
• The Water Conservation Garden
• Tijuana Estuary
• Timken Museum of Art
• USS Midway Museum
• Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
• Visions Art Museum
• Warner-Carillo Ranch House
• Women’s Museum of California