My family and I, moved away from San Diego in 2007. Ready to start over in a more affordable location. We headed back east and lived in Ohio for 4 yrs. One of the main reasons we returned to San Diego, (besides THE WEATHER) was the diversity!
I grew up in National City, amongst it’s predominantly Latino population. I am the youngest child and grew up with biracial siblings. I spent most of my youth learning about the cultures that surrounded me and being fascinated by those differences. I was taught to love people for who they are and for that I am grateful. I wanted to ensure that my children would have that same upbringing.
San Diego is a hub of diversity. Our town is home to people from all over the world, which blesses our community with a vast array of international cuisines and also the wonderful collection of cultural events, etc.
Here are some events coming up this month!!
- February- March 12. Continue to celebrate BLACK HISTORY MONTH at UCSD. Go check out : Tell us How UC It: A Living Archive Exhibit. FREE Art exhibit.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade and event info, check out Mom blogger Felicia’s recent post!
- Sun 3/12- National City hosts the 5th Annual International Mariachi Festival FREE!
- 3/11 Cry San Diego Holi festival at Miramar College. Come learn about Indian culture and help raise funds for an awesome program.
- 3/10-3/12 San Diego Cherry Blossom Festival at Japanese Friendship Garden. Explore San Diego’s Japanese culture by celebrating Spring at Balboa Park.
- 3/12 Temple Adat Shalom Men’s Club Annual Purim Carnival. Enjoy some family fun and gtry out some Jewish
- 3/16 San Diego Latino Film festival www.sdlatinofilm.com. Get your film fix at this years festival! More adult fun with Latino Sabor, Food, Beer, and Wine festival on 3/18.
This month’s events are just the tip of the iceberg! Look out for more festivals/events throughout the year such as Oktoberfest , SD Greek Fest, Lunar New Year Festivals, Samahan Phillipine Cultural Arts Festival, Dia De Los Muertos and the local Native American Pow Wows, etc. Enjoy sharing these cultural events with your family and don’t forget to tag us so we can see what you are up to!